Why mobile device management?
The statistics can be intimidating…
- Companies and organizations expected to spend $364 billion in connection with data breaches in 2014.
- Nearly 30% of enterprises reported network, endpoint or website downtime related to security breaches.
- Malware on end-user machines accounted for 65% of outages.
- Over 552 million identities were exposed via breaches in 2013
- 38% of mobile users have experienced mobile cybercrime in past 12 months
- 62% increase in the number of breaches in 2013
- 33% of malware threats in 2013 tracked users
- 20% of malware threats in 2013 collected data from infected devices
…and the costs overwhelming:
- Labor to prevent/identify/correct security problems
- Third-party support
- Employee downtime
- Data recovery
- Data loss
- Theft of credentials and related fraud
- Losses stemming from website, network and computer downtime
- Support for clients with stolen data/credentials
- Loss of reputation and bad publicity
- Missed opportunities
- Lost opportunities